Tuesday, May 20, 2008

It's Been Awhile


I've been away for awhile. The last post I made seems so long ago. The truck is fixed, I've finished another year of school, I've made two trips to New York... I've been busy. I even found the time to make a couple more drawings for my etsy shop. New York was amazing. I saw a lot of fantastic shows. The Henry Darger exhibition at the Folk Art Museum was a highlight. Daniel Richter at David Zwirner followed by Neo Rauch on my second trip were two amazing shows. There are just too many to list. I enjoyed the WACK show at PS1, the AIR retrospective at Werkstatte...so many. Just being in NYC was pretty amazing. It was nice to be able to just wake up and walk to a coffee shop, take public transportation, and see great art easily. This are all things that Detroit, especially Pontiac where I live, lacks. I can't wait until I have another excuse to go back!

No comments: